Life in a senior living facility is not a life of inactivity and isolation – most facilities offer a wide range of well-selected and carefully organized programs and activities that residents can take part in. Here are some senior living Denver activities that are enjoyed and appreciated by seniors:
- Theatre shows – whether it is a drama or a musical show, stand-up comedy or other forms of stage performance, theatre evenings are very popular among the residents of senior living facilities;
- Game evenings – the evenings that feature bingo, card games or board games are also very popular;
- Creative activities – many seniors have creative hobbies, such as painting, drawing or pottery and many senior living facilities offer plenty of opportunities to pursue those hobbies;
- Volunteering – elderly people have a wealth of knowledge and life experience that they are happy to pass on to people who need it and many senior living Denver residents are also happy to participate in volunteering activities that are not too strenuous from a physical point of view;
- Learning to use modern technology – many facilities nowadays offer computer courses and courses that teach seniors to use modern communication devices. The courses are very popular because they make it easier for seniors to communicate with their loved ones.