Assisted Living & Memory Support Residences
Central Denver, E. 8th Ave. at Jersey St.
To learn more call 303-770-7673
The staff at Rosemark At Mayfair Park knows that meditation is beneficial for the body, for the soul and for the mind at any age. Here are a few of the great emotional, mental and physical effects that seniors can notice almost instantly after they start meditating regularly:
– Improved memory – meditation stimulates the hippocampus and the brain’s frontal lobe and it is known to enhance short term and long-term memory as well.
– A positive attitude – meditation can stimulate the prefrontal cortex of the brain, the area where the feel-good center is located. Only a few minutes of meditation a day can help people suffering from depression feel happier and more positive about life.
– Improved digestion – meditation usually involves deep breathing exercises that put the abdominal muscles to work, thus offering relief for the intestines and the stomach and improving the functioning of the digestive tract.
– Anti-inflammatory effects – stress and sedentary lifestyle can promote inflammations in the body, which can lead to the appearance of illnesses. Meditation reduces stress and it prevents inflammation-induced illnesses.
– Stress relief – many seniors suffer from stress and anxiety caused by illness, disability, loss or financial concerns. Seniors who start a meditation program will almost instantly experience how these negative feelings become reduced, which will lead to better quality of life.